Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Boat Yoga



Great weekend here in SD yeup decided to change my plugs and do a little much needed maintenance. Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrako I broke one of the plugs and it was stuck bad!! I borrowed an EZ out. Ya know the kind that has blades instead of reversed thread? Anyway it didnt work but I did get a crap load of metal shaving in the cylinder head. Yea typical on a boat it's never EZ. I got a twist EZ out and was able to remove the broken plug and being a well educated Backyard Barny Mechanic I used a magnet to clean out the shaving Drrrrrrrrrrropo. yea I dropped the magnet, Shit!! I tried another magnet but it wouldn't work. Crrrrrapo I gotta pull the head. Not an easy job. I would get a 32th in the front then crawl out of the cabin and slid down the lazeret and get another 32th from the back then crawl out of the lazerte and back in the cabin and go for another 32th then crawl back out of the cabin slid into the lazrete and blaaa blaaa blaaa.

12 hours later I had the head off with only 1 broken stud. Most of you sailors know what it's like to work on the rear end of your motor it's NEVER easy. to make a long 4 day long saga short. Libby was back up to old self, well 4 days later. God my ribs hurt from crawling in and out of the little hell hole of a lazrete.

Butt yea wooooooo sailin yesterday rocked !!

No comments: