Friday, July 18, 2008

Rules? More rules?

As you may or may have figured out. I'm in California. We have more rules and reg's then anywhere Ive ever been. They just passed a hands free phone law. Now we are all driving around looking like Britney Spears or poor stock brokers. To freaking funny. I used to see these guys talking to them selves and think G's that guy must be soooooooo important! Busy Busy Busy working on a Huge project no time to sit down and talk on the phone. WOW. Well now I know. He's just ordering pizza or something. I work for myself and yea I have to have a phone. I don't have a home phone cause I don't really have a home, so that would be silly. Anyway this new law passed and now when the phone rings I have to first find the little ear thiny and install it then find the phone and push some buttons and drink my coffee and stear and watch for other people looking for their ear thingy. It's actually very scary.
But and this is cool. I hate to admit it but I can still work with both hands and talk on the phone or I can fold my laundry and talk on the phone and I can pull in my jib sheet and talk on the phone. Now all I need is some one to call me. Like the guy that owes me $$$$. Oooh I can strangle that guy and talk on the phone. To bad they make me feel like a 80's Madonna video, Cant wait to get my coned tit covers.

3 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Same over here.

I remember the days when I used to drive around with a sandwich in one hand and my phone in the other, steering with my knee. No, really!

Now we can't do either. There's a new law that says pedestrians might make us drop the call if they run into us or something, only WE get the points on our licence.

The day before I head out to sea I'm going to drive past all the local speed cameras at 90 and give 'em the finger. Won't achieve anything but man I'll feel better ;-)

Margarita Mirasol said...

Ha ha. Pulling in the jib sheet.

Hahahahaaha OE.
I've always wanted to nick a speed camera and get wasted and run at it with friends to see who is the fastest.

changapeluda said...

hi there!

i just scrolled thru your whole current page here and i gotta say:

you have such FUN(ky)
energy and a Jack Kerouac way of talkin'. It's like i got to take a walk with a whirling dervish and had fun tryin' to keep Up.
huh???


:0]