Sunday, July 20, 2008

Holley shisssssssssht


Well crudola, I came back to the crash pad thinking I had class tomorrow. Gosh darnit all to here and back I could'a stayed on the boat. I guess I could have anyway but I thought I'd knock off an hour of driving and sit around and get over Saturday night's follies. And what follies they were. Nah not really, I mean it was OK but kinda (whats the word I'm looking for) BORING. Yea that's it. Friday I sailed off the mooring and headed to Gloriete bay. Nice calm place away from the mooring ball folks. I told a buddy what I was up to so he sailed on down to. Yes I sailed to anchor astounding the folks on the 800' HUNTER and the other yachteros. It was not that it was crowed but I could still see fear in their eyes as I sailed past in a little closer and dropped the hook with my sail up. HA, then back winded my main to set the anchor. Hehehe I love doing that. I really should run my motor just to let it know I still love it. Then My friend sailed over and side tied. Everybody seams to side tie to me. Guess Im justa likable fellow. I'll side tie sometimes but never spend the night hanging on some one else's hook I dont feel safe. Anyway we had a killer munch and drinks and guitars and harp and everything else two straight guys do on boats at anchor. It ripped, I got sloshed and we kept the other boaters awake with our crappy guitar playing. Ye'a nice calm night. In the morning I took by circus bike ashore and went for a surf check and coffee.

Around 6 in the evening a 500,000 ' power boat come rippen past. Every one at the anchorage was screaming and holding on. My Friend yells down to me( I was below steaming my vegies) Hold on we in for it !!!! Then BAM!!! 4+'ers ..... Freocker!!!!!!!! We went mast to mast and got tied together !!!!! Fruck... Both of us are alike never panic just deal with. So up he goes in the boatsun chair. He's lighter I'm stronger. Anyway we are untieing the stays and he's up the mast when the Harbor Police tool on up and start greeffin on us. I'm looking at the dude shaking my head . Hey man your way off base why don't ya find the *^*%$ that did this to us? All I get is you guys better be outa here by 10. WHAT ????
You should have heard the cheers when we broke free. Cocktails started flowing AGAIN!! The guy on the power boat comes up in his dink. Whooa so sorry about that, Dad was driven and didn't realize how fast he was going. The guy turned out to be pretty cool he gave us his number and insurance policy and all that stuff. He went to every boat out there. a few were also side tied. Yes a lot of beers and cocktails where spilled over that one. No harm no foul I guess.
As mentioned the cocktails stared flowing and we met all the folks out there and when the Harbor cops came back aground the other folks put in a good word for us and they let us hang . In San Diego there are alot of homeless boats that wonder from anchorage to anchorage or sneak into empty slips and worst, so I guess the cop guys where" just doing our job sir."

Oh yea I am very lucky my veggies didn't burn the crapamente out me. But I think I may have broken a rib or two dodging the flying squash. The pearls we have to live with. No so bad really HAHAHAAAAhaaaaaa .

1 comment:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Wow that could have been nasty.
We all make mistakes but that guy must have been gunnin' it to roll you so far.
I hate to hear stories of disaster that could have so easily been avoided - glad everything worked out ok in the end :-)