Saturday, November 28, 2009

Whooa


Strap down the tiller Ahab a cold wind is gona bloooow.
Two days ago I was sailing with in shorts and no shirt. Today Im a little leery of dinking to shore just yet. It's blowing about 25 with whitecaps in the moorings. I just watched my baybor and her kids heading to shore with Junior motoring and mom pumping. Then watch as another was rowing sideways. I love it! Last night I was up every couple hours rolling around and listening to the wind in the rigging. I'm glad I'm not at anchor you know what that's like even if you've been sitting on it for a week. Up every 20 minutes "whats that?".
I'm on the ball one that will handle a 30 ton boat. I weigh in at a whooping 2. I think I'm safe. Lill Libby just kinda dancing around like a kite on a string.
And yea I spilled the Miss all over. It's worth it she keeps me warm on these cold and windy nights.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

it's windy as heck here, too... hope we don't blow off the stilts. i see the sun but it sure feels cold. free hot showers at Driscoll's. give us a call when you wanna stop by... the door is always open (well, we have to unlock it for you!)

Markitos said...

Did you copy the key? I'll trade ya for a HDW key

Samantha said...

no, we didn't copyy it. but you can always just walk in during business hours. :)