Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm a nerd?



OMG I realized I'm a NERD!
Yesterday I got a New "library card" and was actually excited.
I've been sneaking over to Boarders Books and paying full price well on sail full price for way to many books. I'd do this with a disguise on, of course because I have to remain the super cool sailor dude. I think the gangs on to me. At least 4 books a week. So many I can't even remeber the names. This is bad cause when I go to get more I don't remember if I read them or not. Till I get back and go awww fu~k.
It's bad, relay bad kind of like being a junkie. My friends are worried I can tell.
"Hey dude what ya doing?"
"Huh....I'm huh...cleaning my huh foredeck"
"Lets party later ok?"
"Yea I'll give ya a call when I'm done"
"Hey dude what's up the bongs warm and the beers are cold ya coming over?"
"Huh..I gota put this...huh stuff away I'll call ya"
"Duuuude are you reading again"
"Huh ...Noooo....I'm huh....(head down yea) yea."
"Duuuude your brains gona explode dude"
"Yea I'm know ... I need help."
So I make another Swiss Miss and Sailor Jerry's and return to my addiction.
I even turned down a sail Yesterday. Glad I did cause I see this morning their not back yet and I didn't want to do an all nighter. I...huh...got stuff to do.
Acutely it's the boating life that spawns the reading habit. Sailing is well kind of laid back. Well very laid back at least when I'm sailing it is. During runs you get plenty of down time as long as the weathers good and auto's working. Naturally reading works in really well. A cove, a book, a cocktail, what could be finer?
Alas now I'm doomed I have a Library card. And this San Diego Lidrary is like none I've ever seen 3 storys of books. I almost fell over in glee. Free books? What a concept!!.
I wonder if in my other life I wasted this much free time watching the Telly?
Work, telly, bed, work, telly, bed? Humm?
I was thinking of taking up another Hobie. Another cheep hobbie so I can still save some dough. Who am I kidding it'll take months to read all those books I'll worry about it when I'm done.
Life is fruckin good when this is your biggest problem.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

whoever knew the swiss miss would have the hots for sailor jerry? unlikely pairing, those two. i think they're coming over for thanksgiving dinner.

Markitos said...

Two of my best friends at the moment. They have been sneaking around for awhile now.

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.