Thursday, December 10, 2009

Diego Burst


Been awhile, Tring to set up the ducket machine. In the mean time we had some really cool ass weather. Well I say that now. In my last post it was like whoooa!! This last Storm that rolled thru on Monday was like WHOOOAAA HOLLEY SHIT WHAT WAS THAT ?
I mean I'm so freakin glad I wasn't hanging on an anchor !! 4 boats drug out of the cruiser's anchorage and a 52 footer busted the mooring line here. I've heard tales of 45 to 120!!! knots. I'm holding to 60 - 80. It was blowing good. On my way in the next morning I counted 6 sunk dingy's the same ones I saw flying like kites the day before. A freind lost all his boat cleaning stuff and Mother Culture lost their wind genny.
On the Saturday prior My brother and I raced the Half pint rum regatta. You have to take off from anchor. Making it super fun cause you have to dodge the next fleet, get the anchor up and set sail all at the same time. I got an E mail from him saying we won!! Whoo whoo! where's my rum??!! I dig sailing his boat....oh wait a minute I don't think Ive ever blogged on my other brothers boat. It's a 1935 Lauder's L-16. He rebuilt it and has been having a blast bay sailing it and stacking up the trophy's. I can't believe I don't have a pic of it on my Lappy. You'll just have to trust me it's fun!!
In other news I guess we are supposed to have a real soaker come in for 3 days of 89% rain. Trust me again. That's a lot of rain for San Diego. Shit we don't know what rain is. So when it does come we make the Media go fruckin wild.
The last storm I ran a friend out to her boat we got drenched and swapped. I dropped her off then kept her dink tied to my boat for the night. There was no way in hell I was going back out in that stuff. But I also was out of food, beer, rum and smokes. Not this time my friends. I have set myself up nice and tidy. The lockers are full!! I'm ready for 40 days and 40 nights!! Shit I live on a boat bring it on!!
(I'm Kidden) Just in case Mother Nature reads blogs in her spare time.
But just watch it will be someone leaving the sprinklers on to long that makes this the mother of all storms!!! This my friends is ....San Diego... The "Whales Virgina"
I even went to the Library and got "Sailortown" by Stan Hugill
Sometimes I wonder if it's really sailing or the life style...or both ? Something to ponder for sure.

No comments: