Saturday, August 8, 2009

All Vans are cool




Yea I know it's closing time in the ole SD. Yea I could sail in and bike to town collect a few specimens for research. But no, I thought I'd tell ya about some of my shoe stories instead. Well not all of them just one. Ya see Me and the incredible Mrs.Me lived up in the Northern Cal area for along time. Loved it by the way. Anyway I used to surf up there ,yea cold,big and lonely. We used to call our old surf buddy's "chum" . Anyway they where pouring concrete on the Humboldt jetty's one day and I thought it would be cool to stuff my worn out Palm TreeVans in the fresh mud. It was a huge day breaking over both sides of the jetty's. I had to hide under the ledge as the waves where breaking. It was great! The trucks pulled out cause it was to gnarly. As I slipped into the concrete they poured it was like holly shit shoes don't fail me now! I planted em deep. And slipped out running for my life. Yes they are still there. Neat huh ? That was a 400 years ago. Anyway today I blew a fat load and scored a fresh pair. My latest pair, well should be burned to tell the truth. No they are not worthy of the jetty or Swinging bridge or the Island barge, But they did save my pez from something somewhere I'm sure. Tomorrow they swim. All good deeds and all that.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

aah. shiny new shows. gotta love the vans. i needs me a pair.

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Markitos said...

They are so shiny I dont wana wear them ! Look for a pair of not so shiny ones at the top of the ramp.