Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Heros




The Coasties have their base right next to us. I love those guys. Luckily I have never needed them. Yet. Knock on wood. Those guys do amazing work saving so many folks with out much fan fair. Well here at the ole allcsyachtclub think they are the BEST!. And we get to watch them practice sometimes too. The copper pilots are just freakin Gnarly! They will hover and let guys jump out then blast away circle around and hover straight on top of them. I have know idea how they can hold that big ass chunk of metal in the air like that. Then some times guys will be all hanging from rope ladders dangling from the chopper sheesh talk about control. I'm stoked those boys are around because I know if I ever need them they will be there.


In San Diego we have the Navy, more hero's. Although I only get to see them from across they bay and watch as they leave for deployment. Off to some foreign sea to protect the waters from what ever. Sometimes you'll see what I think are Navy seal guys swimming around the mooring field at night all sneaky and stuff. I think they are pretending to be planting bombs on the bottom of our boats or some thing. But it it's amazing and sooo stealthy!!


We also have homeland security and customs. They scare the shit out of me. Not that I'm doing anything wrong they are just some freaking scary guys !!! Fast boats, big guns, ski masks freakin scary. I'm glad they are on our side.


Last but not least is the San Diego Harbor patrol. I've met a few of them. Sure they are a bit uptight. I would be to having to deal with people the likes of me all the time. I'd be all G's Us what fuckin now?


Yea we have it all here in San Diego. Very intimidating if your a little boater guy just sailing around. But if your a smuggler, terrorist or just some AholieO your doomed !!!

3 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

They can hold that big chunk of metal in the air like that by pressing a button marked 'Auto Hover' or something like that. Seriously. They're still the bees knees though.

...Been meaning to ask for some time, what does the 'allcs' in 'allcs yacht club' mean?

Markitos said...

Hey OE. So they cheet huh? Figures.
"allcs" is short for "all sea's". Call me lazy

bowiechick said...

Nice shots!