Monday, May 19, 2008

Party time!!


Yesir, This was one of those yeababy weekends. I sailed from Coronado Friday night to Mission Bay. Got in around 2:30. I knew I was there when I ran aground. Ever so gently nudged the sand bar. Well being dead tired I let out 20 feet of anchor line and went to sleep. I slept like a baby on bud light. That morning as the tide rose I pulled off and put my boat center stage.

The beach party had 5 bands playing and I wanted to be straight up in front. As the day went on more and more boats showed and the tie ups grew and grew. This was the first time I sat with out some one hanging on my hook. I liked it. So I broke out the Kayak and started hitting the other boater bums. Oh yea bloody marys then back to beers. The bands started at noon so we where primed for a good time. It was perfect I could hear the music great from the back of my boat and watch all that was crazy. Right in front of me. It more fun watching the partiers get crazier and crazier. Around 2;30 or so some farmer in a 26 Columbia sailed to the inside of us. We all yelled hey sand bar dopey and sure enough he was stuck. His problem was he was going fast and really stuck it. At high tide no less HAHAHAH . We watched as the tide fell out and his boat laid over on it's side. Like I said good times.

As the day wore on it got even more nuts. If you went ashore you had to pay 3.00 bucks a beer put if you sat in your dink in 2 inches of water you could drink all that you brought. Needless to say there was a ton of people sitting in dinks drinking for free and digging the tunes.

A friend rubbed his stamp on a few of us I just told the gate dude I was on a boat and my stamp smeared form the water, I yea go amigo Yes !!! It was smoking 0ver 80 degrees dancing on the beach to good music and carring on like a teenager. The bands played until 1030 then it was back to the boats for more libations. I did pretty good and hit the sack around midnight listening to the partiers around me go off.

A woke to another hit sunny day made up some grub and set sail back to my mooring in SD.

Yea sunburned and happy that's the way I like to feel on a Monday morning!!

I really need to get a camera (there was a bikini contest)

No comments: