Saturday, January 26, 2008

La ti da





Still stuck looking for bucks, They shut the construction vault door, so I've got way to much time on my hands. And every one knows idle hands are the devils work shop. Soooo i went down to my friends boat. Tied to the "Wall" in San Diego. They call it Laurel Street moorings I call it ripp off ave. I've stayed here a few times moving up and down the coast. The last time I was there some folks liked my bike so they took it. The next day they really thought my tools where neat so they took them too. So glad I can help my fellow man. But.... this place has THE best view of the San Diego Harbor!! It is beautiful and not to rolly. If you get stuck mooring near the Coronado Bridge be careful when the tugs go by it's mast to mast mayhem. roll you right out of your bunk. My boats registered in San Diego so they wont let me anchor in the 72 hour anchorage. I've snuck in a few times but always seam to get caught. The Harbor police are on they're A game. Unless some one is stealing your stuff.

My friend and I got to go see WAKE ON WATER at the ROCK church it was great and a great movie with some of my surfing heroes there. It turned out to be a neat evening. Tom Curren's band played a few songs and the rest of the guys said a few words. The movie is about kids that surf it's so cool to see how stoked they are. Not all tied up in the dough just rippen waves like mother ocean planned them to be.

On another note I have pretty much cleaned out my shelves at this place I call home. Hoping one day to be able to take off. I was looking around the garage (I still need to have my tools) and was amazed at how much junk I can acquire. I have Two giant chainsaws I stole when I lived in up in Humboldt county tring to save the Redwoods. What the heck am I hanging on to these for? They hung in a bar for 5 years in Mammoth but now have returned to me. Looks like landfill cause no one needs 4' long nonworking chain saws in San Diego. They don't even have a loggers kinda bar here.

Then there is the way old skate board it's cool even has the sticker teaching you how to skate on it. But really what good is it doing hanging in the a garage I'm trying to clean out? I put it on Ebay for One Million dollars or best offer. We will see where that goes.

My surf buddy form years back bought his very first home. So today Im going to help him extend his deck (that's what i do) about 100 s.f.. That'll be fun, we better work fast cause if I know this guy we'll be having more fun then work and I need to finish it before the weekends out.

Yeup looks like a good weekend in front of me hope it's all good with the rest of humanity.

No comments: