Saturday, July 25, 2009

Part 2 1/2






Craigs catch of the day



So anyway we used a mooring that night which was a well needed rest. With no worries of dragging off to sea. The next day we anchored outside of the field. You have to b 300 yards away to anchor. So off we when looking for good holdings. It's like 70 feet to the bottom. I was lucky and grabbed straight away. At least I thought so. Craig had to give it a few laps before he found some thing good to grab into. Around noon the winds really kicked in again and with the funnel affect the Isthmus has it was really kicking. Sure enough it drug me out of my spot and I had to find better ground. I carry 100 feet of chain and 200 feet of rode. I had all the chain out and 100+ of rode G's Libby was like a freakin kite but I didn't drag. We where kind of held boat captives until the winds died a bit. Then we went in to shore for some humm food. And a hike around. As evening hit I pulled in 75 feet of rode and was set for the night. Sure enough the next day brought beautiful weather and 20+ knots again. Once again I was held captive. I'm just that way. Ive seen enough boats go dragging by to know when not to leave mine. and again the winds died in the evening so all was great and perfect. We snorkeled abit dinked around and reeeelaxed. Really nice and so freakin pretty. The Isthmus and Avalon are to different animals. Avalon's like tourist town and the Isthmus is like sailor Bob cruiser world. I like em both. But feel more sailory (?) at the Isthmus or Cat harbor. We wanted to head farther north but I didnt feel like gettiing the shit kicked out me again just to sit in a lonley cove. So we where kind of waiting to see what the weather was going to bring. On the third day we decided to take the wind back south. What the hell thats fun when its blowing. Wind on the ass is allways better then wind in the face. Day four we pulled out or tried to Craig had 300 lbs of kelp stuck on his anchor. Poor guy but he has a windless so at least he got it up. As we where sailing out it was like "yea woowoo this is gona rip!" Then sure as hell poof nothing! It took us over 8 hours to go 10 miles.God some tiimes I hate sailing.
Me over looking Cat Harbor

Some of the Natives

The Latitude 38 boat was there too.

No comments: