Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And then







And then we ended up drifting to a place I call Eagle Rock. Im not sure if that's the real name, maybe it is cause theres an eagle nest on a rock there. I've seen the eagles before but not this trip. We anchored in really close for holding. I could see the bottom and dropped right in a nice patch of sand. And when I say close. I mean hummm kinda scary close. But after a night it was "hey this is perfect!" We hung there for 3 days I think, and every morning a herd of kayaks would paddle by. " Hey morning how are ya?" Its was great. Super warm, super clear water, super cold beers. Yes once again paradise right in our own backyard. We just chilled snorkeled BBQ'ed and did nothing. "NICE". I already blew through 4 books and was chewing through another. Poor Craig, Im a crappy host when Im in a book. He'd say "Yea I saw your head buried and didn't wanna bug ya" Then he'd swim again. I was trying to dry my ears out so reading seamed a good idea. By this time we didnt know what time is was or what day it was. It reminded me of our Mexico trips. You know when your like centered and living in the moment and alls good ? Ya haven't seen TV in a months and really it doesn't matter? I think they call it peace. And if they don't they should.

5 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Duuuuuuuude!

Awesome pics. You're living the life I want. Still no closer to getting out there myself but I'm glad someone is.

Best wishes.

OE

Markitos said...

Yea OE it's been great!! My butts peeling as I type!! Feeling pretty good right now. Think I might make a good run at this. At least till the dough runs out. Then guess Ill have to make some more. The cycle I guess. Dont worry You'll be out there soon.

Hotspringswizard said...

Just checking out your blog today Mark. A very interesting view into your world, and your thoughts. Thanks for letting us know about it yesterday at the barbeque at Brad's. So is Trusty Rusty your faithful pooch gonna make it to Burning Man with his sailing loving master? If so I'll be looking forward to your photos and experiences from that possible adventure in your near future. I can surely understand your thoughts about what sailing and the allure of the simple life you have found when spending precious time at sea have brought your life. I seek similar rewards in natures pristine beautiful places on land. If you google " hotspringswizard " you will find bits of my life and interest there. I'll be putting you in my favorites and will check in on your musings and pics from time to time. I think the simple dream you are chasing is a good path of life for your nature. You are quite a unique and interesting person. Happy sailing :-) Van PS, I would have e-mailed you this but couldn't see an address on your blog. My e-mail is hotspringswizard@hotmail.com , Lator Gator :-)

Hotspringswizard said...

In my writing this, " I think the simple dream you are chasing is a good path of life for your nature ", chasing would be better described as your " living and seeking " in regards to this lifestyle which bring you great satisfaction and peace. In your thoughts I see alot of commonality with things I too appreciate :-)

Markitos said...

Hey Van!! Thanks for dropping in. It was great to see you guys. Belive it or not I've used many of your thoughts and outlooks to get to where I'm heading. Kind of a mental stew take what fits and swirl it all around and waaaaalaaa! Kind of a messed up guy, who's haven awhole lot of fun. I turned Rusty over to Craig het ears and tail have fallen off. I think it's all this sea air not good for a metal dog. She's heading to the mountains for a much needed rest.