Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Santa Anna'a



Yesterday at work we had a nice stiff Santa Anna running. About 9:00 we started looking for smoke. About 11:00 sure enough there it was over Vista.. It seams every year now when it blows So. Cal burns. We now have two in San Diego and LA is burning good also.

Last year my house was evacuated twice and one of the fires was sitting on the hill above us.
These pics are from my bed room. yikes !! Hope they dont come this close again. I would like to sell this place not watch it burn.

I was raised here a million years ago then moved for away for 10,000. I sure remember the Santa Anna's for their offshore winds and unreal surf but I don't remember all the fires. must be all the new people and development. When you think So Cal ya think quake not BBQ.

In other news looks like I'm running to the end of my work project. Hut Oh back to egg burritos and sailing and surfing and mucking about. Hum bummer (I think)

2 comments:

Travis and Maggie said...

So we bought this yacht that we're fixing up, and everyone thinks we know how to sail. We've only been out by ourselves once , and ran aground. But it was still awesome!

Markitos said...

Hahahahaa Awesome!!!!! If youve never run aground youve never sailed. At least ya got that outa the way. It goes a lot better in the deep end.